The life of a fashion, music and food fanatic on her Year Abroad in Madrid.

Friday 22 March 2013

Dionisos




I've been meaning to go to Dionisos for a long time now, as it is located just round the corner from my flat, in Chueca. On the last night of my second semester in Madrid, we wanted to go for a nice meal, and picked this lovely little Greek Taberna. 

The restaurant is extremely inviting, with simple Mediterranean decor and a friendly ambience. 

The prices were surprisingly very reasonable, so we cheekily decided to go for a starter, main, dessert and a glass of white wine! We shared a platter of Greek Tapas which included Hummus, Taramasalata (eeeewww fish roe), Tzatziki, Falafel, Dolmades, Feta cheese and Pita. - YUM! The only criticism I have is that they don't serve Haloumi, something which I have been craving for since I left home! Next we ordered a few mains to share including Greek Style Chicken, Rocket Salad with sun-dried tomatoes and grilled Greek cheese, and Pastry stuffed with chicken, cheese and vegetables. The portions were huge and the food was fantastic. The dessert was an Orange Carpaccio with vanilla ice-cream and cinnamon, which was disappointingly just sliced up oranges arranged nicely on a plate, sprinkled with cinnamon. However, at the end of the meal we were given a free shot of desert wine, which I supped pretty quickly. 

All in all I loved my experience at Dionisos Greek Restaurant and would recommend it to anyone looking for authentic Greek cuisine in the centre of Madrid. 

No comments:

Post a Comment